The true hospitality and healing power of ancient tradition meets modern life.
Ayurbhadram located at 10 kms away from Thrissur provides is a world class Ayurvedic treatments and services. Ayurbhadram functions as an Ayurvedic awareness and treatment centre that focuses on the promotive, preventive and curative aspect of Ayurvedic treatment. We are dedicated to helping people experience a deeper level of rejuvenation well being and holistic treatment. We offer specific recommendations to each individual on life style, diet exercise, yoga and herbal therapy.
The philosophy of Ayurveda
Ayurveda–The art & Science for a Healthy Life
Originated in India over 5000 years ago, this ancient and proven system of healthcare operates completely in tune with nature. A more natural & holistic healing technique to combat the stresses of today’s contemporary lifestyle. Ayurveda is a science of life so to know more about it, we must know what is life? Life according to Ayurveda is a combination of senses, mind,body and soul. So it is clear from this definition of life that Ayurveda is not only limited to body or physical symptoms but also gives a comprehensive knowledge about spiritual, mental and social health.
Discover the healing power of Ayurveda at Ayurbhadram
Composed of the five elements of nature: Earth (Prithvi), Water (Ap), Fire (Tejo) Wind (Vayu), and Sky (Akasa), your body is the most wonderful creation. An inseparable part of the cosmic Universe divinely inspired and delicately balanced. The secret of Ayurveda lies in the unique understanding of this delicate balance. When this balance is disturbed it manifests as an ailment. Ayurveda has the remedies for these ailments that defy time and modern understanding.
A personalized consultation with our Chief Ayurvedic Consultant Dr.Rathish Menon (B.A.M.S) will be provided before and after each therapy session. Each therapy will be recommended to the client based on their individual body constitution.
At Ayurbhadram you will experience what we consider the purest, most committed approach to health & well being through the holistic & natural science of Ayurveda. Designed for both men & women, Kerali offers specialized Therapies & Treatment Programmes to help restore and enhance the beauty, vigour & vitality of your body.
Ayurvedic Detoxification Programes (sodhana) | Rejuvenative Programmes | Keraleeya Panchakarma chikitsa
A complex & famous Ayurvedic treatment, Shiro Lepam is very effective in treating Insomnia, chronic sinusitis and migraines. The treatment begins with application of a blend of very rare herbal oils on the head, followed by a unique head-pack of herbal paste applied uniformly over the head. The entire head is then covered with a plantain leaf and tied using a varthi (special cloth).It is also beneficial for treating problematic hair conditions such as dandruff, premature graying &
non-genetic hair loss.
This specialized treatment involves the application of blended medicated oils on the head in combination with a special Mukha Lepam (face masque) applied on the face. This treatment works wonders to relieve tension & relaxes the mind as well as giving lustrous hair and a golden hue to your complexion. The particular blend of oils & lepam is customized to suit each individual Prakruti (body constitution). This is followed by an application of Kumkumadi thailam & a head bath with herbal shampoo.
A popular Ayurvedic therapy designed for problems related to the nervous system, insomnia, various headaches and mental stress. The treatment involves pouring (using a unique method) of either specially blended medicated oils, medicated buttermilk or other decoction over the forehead in a continuous to & fro motion for approx 45 minutes. This treatment helps increase the supply of oxygen to the brain, thus nourishing the nervous system.
We have 5 Deluxe rooms with all modern amenities and a natural setting.We are tried to incorporate the Kerala Tradition and has used antique furniture’s and cots.The focus is to maximize proximity to nature without compromising on convenience and comfort. All rooms offer excellent privacy and are open to landscaped areas and gardens providing a serene atmosphere ideal for healing. All rooms have telephones with direct - dial facility, and Digital TVs with Satellite connections.
Kerali’s Ayurbhadram Resorts
296C Sasthamkadavu, Kodannur
Thrissur, Kerala 680574 South India
+91 9497179950, +91-487-2442588
Dr Rathish Menon CEO, Chief Physician
Travel and transfers
Nearest airports: Calicut, Cochin and Coimbatore | Nearest railway stations: Trichur.
Ayurveda Training course
"Ayurveda Training course is based on Kerala Panchakarma based on Kerala Ayurvedic Tradition" 3weeks
The Curriculum in brief
1. Introduction | Definition | Unique features | Aim | Concept of Health
2. History - Kerala Culture and Ayurveda Tradition. 3. BRANCHES OF AYURVEDA
4. Basic principles | Theory of Creation | Pancha Mahabhuta Concept | Tridosha Concept | Concept of Body – Mind – Soul | Concept of Sapta Dhatu (Body Elements) | Concept of Mala (Waste Products) | Concept of Srotas (Body Channels) | Concept of Agni (Digestive Fire) | Concept of Koshta (Alimentary Tract) | Concept of Prakruti (Body Constitution)
5. Pharmacology - Herb Study
6. Preparing for deep cleanses (a) SNEHAKARMA (OLEATION TREATMENT) Internal Oleation | External Oleation | Abhyanga - Padabhyanga (Oleation of the feet) Shiroabhyanga (Oleation of Head) Gandoosha (Gargling) | (b) SWEDA KARMA (FOMENTATION) Tapa Sweda (Fomentation) | Upanaha Sweda | Ushma Sweda (Herbal Steam & Bolus Bags) Drava Sweda (Sudation with liquids) Anagneya Sweda (Sudation without fire) Benefits of Sweda (Sudation)
7. Panchakarma | Various Ayurvedic Treatments | Different Panchakarma Treatments
8. Vamana (Induced Vomiting)
9. Virechanam (Purgation)
10. VASTI (Medicated Enema)
11. NASYA (Nasal Medication)
12. Arrangements of Ayurvedic Treatments Schedule
13. Ayurvedic Dietic Concepts
15. COMMONLY USED MEDICINES OILS AND PRODUCTS PART – 2 PRACTICAL SESSIONS | Abhyangam (Ayurvedic Body Massage) | Elakizhi (Bolus Bag Massage with Medicinal Leaves) | Podikizhi (Bolus Bag Massage with Medicinal Powders) Navarakizhi (Bolus Bag Massage with Medicated Rice) Udhwarthanam (Massage with Medicinal Powders) | Pizhichil (Medicated Oil bath) | Shirodhara (Oil Treatment for the Head) | Thakra Dhara | Ksheeradhara | Shiro Vasti | Karna Pooranam (Local Treatment for Ear Problems) | Netra Tarpanam (Medicated oil treatment for the Eyes) | Kadee vasti (Local Treatment for Low Back Pain) | Greeva vasti (Local Treatment for Neck problems) | Janu vasti (Local Treatment for Knee joint Pain) | Herbal Steam Bath | Ayurvedic Feet Massage | Shiro Abhyanga (Traditional Indian Head Massage) Ayurvedic Face Massage | Nasya (Nasal Medication) | 1. Yoga - 2 days one hour demonstration of important Asanas
Fee & booking
The course fee for one month course is – Euro 1800/- | The course fee is inclusive of the cost towards the printed notes, cost of oil/powder used at the time of practical. | Accommodation & pure veg food can arranged At Euro 30 per day.